I was not planning to write a full blog to review just this product, but I am so thankful for this particular item that I can’t help but share it with you.
I am a somewhat small-framed person with chronic back issues. During my pregnancies, I struggle significantly with back pain. My watermelon sized belly sticks straight out in front and really puts a lot of pressure on my back. I’m sure chasing an active two-year-old around and constantly being up and down all day with him hasn’t helped, but the fact of the matter is that I’ve suffered throughout this pregnancy with pain and soreness.
My doctor recommended that I try a belly support band to alleviate some of the pressure on my body and I obliged. I tried THREE different bands before (popular, by no means inexpensive bands) and none of them worked for me for various reasons including;
- They put an insane amount of pressure on my already uncomfortable bladder.
- They looked bulky and unflattering and couldn’t really be worn in a practical or functional way under my clothing.
- They simply were not comfortable. I felt like I couldn’t move properly due to their stiffness and placement.
I had mentioned a while back to the Figure 8 Maternity staff that I was looking for a belly support band but hadn’t landed on one that worked for me yet. As soon as they found out Bravado was debuting this new Multi-Zone Pregnancy Support Band they got in touch to see if I wanted to try it, and I’m so glad they thought of me. (Talk about amazing customer service!)
You guys. It’s 10pm. I’m cozied up on the couch in my pajamas, and I’m still wearing my support band. It’s that comfortable. It’s so comfortable that I may never take it off. Here’s why I LOVE this belly support band over other products I’ve tried:
- It’s in no way confining. There are no stiff, thick belts to tighten or velcro, leaving me to move freely about my day, to sit comfortably at the dining table, or to lay down on the couch for a break. I couldn’t achieve this type of flexibility with any other bands that I tried.
- The stretchy fabric is kind of magical. It is snug where it needs to be in order to provide targeted support, but doesn’t give you that uncomfortable ‘squeezing’ sensation that some support bands or stretchy fabrics do. It hits in all the right places to give your body some relief from the weight of your growing belly.
- It grows with you. Because of the fabric and design, this band could be successfully used for most or all of a single pregnancy, I think. The fabric over the belly specifically is very stretchy and durable, allowing it to fit snuggly while still growing with you over time.
- It can be worn with virtually any clothes! Other bands left me looking lumpy and bulky when I tried to layer them under my every day clothing. I’m not even kidding when I tell you that this band makes me feel BETTER about the way my body looks in clothes. The length is incredible, covering from the bra-line all the way down to your hips. I love that it’s long, because it actually allows me to utilize it like another layer when styling my outfits.
The only thing I wish were different about this band is that it could have been released SOONER because I would have been wearing it every day for months. After just a week or so of wearing the band (at the very end, and most uncomfortable part of my pregnancy, mind you) the Bravado Multi-Zone Pregnancy Support Band has already brought me significant relief from my back pain and improved my overall level of comfort.
Ladies, if you are expecting, you cannot go wrong with this belly band. If I could, I would have started wearing it at the beginning of my second trimester and never taken it off. If you have any questions about sizing recommendations or how this product is holding up, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’d love to help, and cannot encourage you enough to give yourself the gift of relief by investing in one of these bad boys.
I received this product in exchange for my open and honest review. All of the opinions and statements above are mine and mine alone.